Dalmore

Aberfeldy Distillery

Aberfeldy Distillery was founded by John Dewar & Sons, Ltd. in 1896 on the outskirts of the town of Aberfeldy, which lies on the southern bank of the upper Tay. It opened in 1898 and to this day it remains the principal malt in the Dewar’s range of blended whiskies.

Master blender Stephanie MacLeod describes Aberfeldy as the inspiration for the blends – the honeyed sweetness with a hint of peat is the character that she seeks to re-create when blending Dewar”s White label and Dewar”s 12 year old. Aberfeldy was purchased from Diageo by Bacardi in 1998 along with the Dewar”s brand and several other distilleries including Royal Brackla, Aultmore, Craigellachie and Macduff.

Products by Aberfeldy Distillery